Tuesday 9 June 2020

When Best Friend Walks Away

When Best Friend Walks Away

Sinong Best Friend mo doon? “
“ Syempre, hindi na ikaw! “

 Can you still share the best when your best friend walks away?


Beautiful friendship is always a dream. Everyone enters in this kind of relationship with only one thing in mind, and that is, to build a friendship that one will keep and cherish forever. Unfortunately, not all friendships are perfect and not all are meant to last forever.  This imperfection brought by some unpleasant circumstances may create a permanent wound that will eventually lead to end a friendship.

So how do you get through when friendship ends?

Though it may be difficult and painful to let go of a friendship, I was compelled to do it in exchange of having a peace of mind and a peaceful heart. Right then and there, I knew that I was the one who could decide as to what extent would I allow this experience to affect my life,  and I chose to accept the reality that things have already changed between us. “Accepting that your friend is choosing a different path is the first step to getting your heart in the right place,” Dr. Melanie Ross Mills ( a friendship expert) says.  Yes, it was never easy to wrestle with my own feeling, but acceptance made me understand the whole picture.


This was my post more than a year ago and its message resonated with what I wanted to do during that time. I had kept on reading these lines until I finally reached the last phase of the process of moving on.

One of the simplest ways
to stay happy is letting
go of the things that
make you sad.

I had to tell this to myself over and over, and it did work for me in making at peace with the decision I made. In fact, it has helped me through during those times when there was no one to comfort me… when my best friend walked away…

Lesson Learned:

Friendship is not at all bad. It will always be a difficult choice to let our friends go but  if  that friendship becomes the  source of our sadness and  it is already beyond repair, it is better to give it up. Anyway, God is so good that He created a dog whose loyalty endures forever. Meet Mikee my bff.



No comments:

Post a Comment